Burn injury at work
Suffered a burn injury as a result of an accident at work? Contact Compensation Claims Today to get the compensation you deserve.
Sustaining a burn, with a possible resultant scar/scarring, can be a traumatic experience, both physically and psychologically and can have the following effects on an individual:
- Burns can cause infections
- Can cause severe damage to the skin
- Burns can leave permanent disfigurement
- Emotional pain
Burn injuries at work can result from the following types of accidents:
- Workplace fires
- Electrical burns
- Inhaling smoke or toxic fumes
- Using hot machinery e.g. ovens, plant machinery, etc
- Thermal burns sustained through using hot liquids, objects, etc
Burns can be sustained both externally and internally. Any type of burn injury can lead to burn injury at work compensation. Superficial burns are the most common types of burns, but other parts of the body can be effected, for example:
The above type of internal injuries can be detected through the following symptoms: sore throat; wheezing; soot in the mouth or nose; changes in voice and burned nose hairs.
Burns can also effect individuals psychologically, due to the lasting disfigurement they can cause. Not only can Compensation Claims Today assist in providing the physical treatment required, our solicitors can also arrange any necessary psychological treatment an individual needs.
What to do following a burn injury at work
- Ensure that the burn injury is reported and recorded, if possible
- Seek medical advice/treatment
- Obtain evidence e.g. contemporaneous photographs of the affected area
- Obtain witness evidence, if applicable
- Contact Latimer Lee Solicitors Limited
You can also claim for other losses incurred as a result of your accident e.g. travel expenses, loss of earnings, medical fees, etc
Our specialist compensation solicitors have vast experience of dealing with all types of burn injuries sustained as a result of an accident at work. Contact us today to see how we can help you make a successful claim. Our services are No Win No Fee so you won’t lose a penny win or lose.