Suffered an injury as a result of inadequate training at work? Contact Compensation Claims Today and get compensation for your injury.
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that their employees are safe from risks that are associated with the job they do. Employers should also make sure that the workplace is safe and that the equipment that employees use is in safe and good working order.
Employers are also required to make sure that their employees are provided with the necessary training and are trained in health and safety issues.
Typical accidents at work as a result of employees not being provided with the requisite training are as follows:
- Manual handling accidents
- Accidents involving the use of machines e.g. flypress, jack hammers, drills, etc
- Employees being asked to carry out tasks that they have not been trained in
- Forklift truck accidents
- Accidents involving roll cages in supermarkets
- Accidents involving knives e.g. in kitchens, cutting glass
- Employees handling hazardous chemicals
Inadequate training claims
You can make an inadequate training compensation claim if your employer has not done the following:
- Assessed your ability to do the job
- Provided training on how to use equipment
- Provide regular and refresher training
- Taken reasonable care to ensure that employees carry out their jobs as they have been trained to do and to use the safety equipment they have been given e.g. ear protectors, safety goggles, gloves, etc
Injuries resulting from inadequate training at work can be minor, serious and in some cases fatal.
Things to do if you have sustained an injury as a result of inadequate training at work:
- Ensure that the injury is reported and a record is taken
- Seek medical advice/treatment
- Obtain evidence e.g. photographs of the area where your accident occurred, equipment you used, training records, etc
- Obtain witnesses’ contact details, if applicable
- Contact Latimer Lee Solicitors Limited
You can also claim for other losses incurred as a result of your accident e.g. travel expenses, loss of earnings, medical fees, etc
Please note: it is illegal for an employer to dismiss or discipline an employee for making a claim for compensation as a result of sustaining an injury at work.
We have vast experience of dealing with all types of injuries sustained as a result of inadequate training being provided at work.
Contact us today to see how we can help you make a successful compensation claim. Our services are No Win No Fee so you won’t lose a penny when making your claim.