Tendon injury at work
Accidents at work often lead to tendon injuries that can be debilitating. If you or someone you know has suffered a tendon injury at work contact Compensation Claims Today to make a claim for tendon injury compensation.
Tendons are thick pieces of tissue that connect muscle to bone. Tendons are meant to withstand tension and pressure as the body’s natural protection against external bodily demands.
Certain types of jobs and work can cause tendons to become damaged, inflamed and can cause pain.
Your employer needs to ensure that you are safe at work from one-off off accidents or from carrying out tasks that could cause repetitive strain. If you have suffered from a tendon related injury then contact Compensation Claims Today to discuss your claim.
Tendon injuries can occur due to the following:
- The work you carry out is repetitive
- Your job role requires the use of force over a long period of time
- You carry out jobs that cause you to have bad posture e.g. crouching, stretching, etc
- Lifting heavy objects
- Falling from height
- Slips, trips or falls in the workplace
- Working with machinery
Tendon injuries are common in the following:
- Building sites
- Assembly line roles
- Supermarket workers
- Manual labour work
Our solicitors will ensure the above factors are taken into consideration when dealing with your tendon injury claim.
Some tendon injuries may be complicated and require surgical operations. Our solicitors at Compensation Claims Today will ensure that any subsequent pain, discomfort and/or resultant scarring, etc issues following surgical intervention are dealt with.
Making a tendon injury at work compensation claim
Things to do if you have sustained a tendon injury as a result of an accident at work:
- Ensure that the tendon injury is reported and a record is taken
- Seek medical advice/treatment
- Obtain evidence e.g. photographs of the area where you slipped, tripped or fell, heavy objects, the machinery that caused your accident, etc
- Obtain witnesses’ contact details, if applicable
- Contact Latimer Lee Solicitors Limited
You can also claim for other losses incurred as a result of your accident e.g. travel expenses, loss of earnings, medical fees, etc
If you think you have sustained a tendon injury as a result of an accident at work and it wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible to make a tendon injury at work claim against your employers.