Holiday Accident

Personal injury

Suffered from an illness whilst on holiday or working abroad? Our solicitors can help you claim the maximum compensation you deserve for you injury.

If you have had an accident whilst on holiday abroad you may be able to make a holiday accident compensation claim for any injury sustained under The Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992. However, you would need to be able to prove that your accident was the result of the travel agent or representative e.g. hotel staff. Please contact us and we will walk you through the process of making a claim for your injury whilst on holiday.

Typical types of accidents that occur on holiday that often lead to holiday accident compensation are:

  • Accidents in hotels e.g. slip, trips and falls, food poisoning, etc
  • Road traffic accidents
  • Accidents on excursions arranged by the tour operator
  • Coach accidents
  • Sporting accidents (if arranged by the tour operator)
  • Accidents on boats and planes

Important note: there is a strict limitation period for making a claim for an injury or illness suffered whilst abroad. In most cases, you must make a holiday accident claim within 2 years from the date of the accident.

Starting your holiday accident compensation claim

  • Ensure that the injury is reported to a member of staff, travel representative, tour operator or your employer
  • Seek medical advice/treatment
  • Obtain evidence e.g. photographs of where your accident happened, equipment causing your accident, make a note of the presence of wet floor signs if you have slipped on water, etc
  • Obtain witnesses’ contact details, if applicable
  • Keep copies of your travel documentation, receipts, medical letters, receipts for medical treatment, etc
  • Contact Latimer Lee Solicitors Limited

As part of your holiday accident compensation you can claim for such things as travel expenses, loss of earnings, medical fees, etc. We will advise you on this during your claim.

If you were working abroad when your accident occurred and the accident was the fault of your employer then you may be able to make an accident at work compensation claim for the injury you sustained. However, you would have had to have been working for a company based in the UK or the company you work for has a registered office or place of business in the UK. Contact us for more information, we will be happy to advise you on the best way forward.

We have lots of experience dealing with compensation claims for injuries and illnesses suffered by people whilst on holiday. See how we can help you make a successful holiday accident compensation claim. You won’t lose a penny when making your claim as we operate on a No Win No Fee basis.