Hit and run accident

Personal injury

Most road traffic accident compensation claims are made against the driver at fault’s insurance company. However sometimes when a road traffic accident occurs, the driver at fault leaves the scene of the accident without providing their details.

In such circumstances, where the driver at fault cannot be traced, we would pursue a compensation claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau.

We would also pursue a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau if the driver at fault is uninsured.

The Motor Insurers Bureau was set up in 1946 as a means of providing compensation to the victims of road accidents caused by negligent uninsured and untraced drivers.

Uninsured driver / Hit and run compensation claim solicitors

Our solicitors are specialists in claiming compensation from the Motor Insurers Bureau and can help you receive the compensation you are entitled to if you have been involved in a hit and run or a road traffic accident involving an uninsured driver or untraced driver.

Our advice to victims of hit and run road traffic accidents is:

  • try and get the driver at fault’s vehicle’s registration number if possible
  • try and get the make and model of the driver’s vehicle
  • take the contact details (name, address and telephone number) of any witnesses to the accident
  • report the accident to the police
  • seek medical attention in respect of your injuries
  • keep receipts for any financial expenses (prescription costs, vehicle damage, travel expenses) that you have incurred as a result of the accident.