Falling and tripping

Personal injury

The majority of falling/tripping claims which we deal with are those which occur in a public place where action is taken against the Council. If you have suffered an injury due to a fall or trip contact us today to discuss your compensation claim.

Tripping and falling claims can involve individuals tripping over a raised grid, raised paving slab and in potholes. Also, we deal with compensation claims where individuals have slipped on ice or snow which has not been gritted.

The types of injuries which we deal with vary from minor injuries to extensive injuries, leading to our clients receiving thousands of pounds of trip and slip compensation. This includes accidents involving children as well as adults.

To help prove your claim you should take photographic evidence of the defect in the street, if appropriate, and try and obtain the details of any witnesses.

We also carry out site visits to see exactly where the accidents take place and at times take the photographs of the defect to assist clients.

Falling or tripping injury treatment

It is important for an individual to attend for medical treatment after the accident either to the hospital, their GP or a walk in centre, depending on the severity of the injuries to have the injuries assessed and to help prove that an injury had been suffered as a result of the fall.

In proving an injury, clients may also provide us with photographs of their injury where the injury is clearly visible. This can also assist in proving a client’s claim as it can be used as evidence.

Although the majority of compensation claims are settled within months and out of court, at times some claims can take longer in being settled where court proceedings are issued. This usually takes place where the Defendant continues to dispute they are fault throughout the claim even though we have proven our client’s claim by providing the above information. Where court proceedings have been issued, we have also successfully obtained compensation for our clients.